If you’re anything like me, when July hits you develop a split-personality. One side loves summer and all the BBQs, walks, farmer’s markets, and sun that comes along with these months. The other side can’t even enjoy summer because you’re panicked it is almost over and soon you will be up to your eye-balls in snow, sleet.
What better time to see where you stand on your summer to-do list.
Chicago might be a frozen tundra come December, but in July I usually have a list so long I know there’s no way I will accomplish all I set out to do.
- Attend as many farmer’s markets as possible (We usually walk to the Deerfield Farmers Market and stop for an iced latte on the way)
- Visit the Indiana dunes
- Attend The Botanic Gardens’ Wednesday nights kids concerts (Annie asks every. single. day if it’s concert night yet)
- Take the girls swimming
- Grill! (A fun new grill toy I might need to buy)
- Travel with friends to New Buffalo, MI (8 adults, 7 children, 1 house – which sounds more like a horror movie than a vacation but we are going to attempt it!)
- Try new and fancy restaurants in Chicago (just ate at Bar Sienna, loved it and had a Fabio sighting!)
I’m not the only one who loves a good summer bucket list. Check out what some of my favorite bloggers are planning to do with their summer.
- Liz from Sequins and Stripes is beyond adorable, and her bucket list is one to copy (especially since she’s also in Chicago)
- Caitlin at Sacrament Street has a California bucket list anyone would be jealous of
- Grace at The Stripe has a list of how to have our prettiest summer ever. I’m not going to lie, I am tempted to buy almost everything she talks about.
Perhaps I’ll have to report back on just how much I accomplished.